Saturday, March 25, 2017

Chasity, The Rock Star, The Writer.

So, I thought it was only fair that I give you a bit of a background on myself. I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have always loved books and have always been drawn to the world of fantasy, anything to escape reality really.

I just thought in all honesty if I want you to escape to my worlds, I should share a bit of myself with you, only fair right. So, here it is my pretties. Welcome to the very beginning of Chasity's world.

When I was very little maybe 7 or 8, my aunt bought me a 'Publish Your Own Children's Book' kit. I was so excited and I wanted to do it so bad. She could already see my interest in reading. I don't remember already having it, but I must have if she got me this. My grandpa was the one who said he would help me write the story. I still remember it, I had these baby dolls at the time that I absolutely loved. They were called Kindergarden Babies. They came in little seats that were either fruits or flowers with hats to match, making them look like the fruit or flower. They even smelled like them with names such as, Amber Apricot or Tara Tulip. Does anyone remember these? Oh my goodness I was obsessed with them. Anyway, my story was about a woman who was out for a walk when she heard a baby cry. She found this magical garden that these babies were being born from. This story was all based off of these baby dolls and I remember spending countless hours writing and rewriting this story with my grandpa. It was so fun for me.

To me that was just the beginning, it went on to me getting in trouble at school with my friend Sam in 4th grade for us writing stories in Math class instead of doing our work. I still blame Same for me not understanding Math. (Just kidding Sam.)

Every chance I got I was writing, creating imaginary people, my mom caught me talking to people that weren't there so many times I am surprised she didn't have me committed, but I am pretty sure she just knew I was a writer at heart. All of these ideas were just constantly ready to burst from me I couldn't contain them. My friends always wanted to hang out, I wanted to brainstorm and write. People wanted to go to the mall, the whole time we were there, I couldn't wait to get home to work on my story again. I have never been what is considered normal, and I love it.

I crave words, characters, good plot lines, drama, plot twists, settings, everything that goes into writing I live for. I live for books.

Music influences everything I do, I am indeed obsessed with rock stars as well. Without them my stories wouldn't have as much life as they do. Music is constantly playing when I am working, they influence me, I personally look up to a few of them. I will not name the few I idolize because that is my own little secret ;)

I feel like you know a bit more about me now and you can feel confident when buying my books and supporting me that you are supporting a real person. I appreciate each and every reader I get. I love you all and I thank you for taking the time to read my work because I put my blood, sweat, and tears into it. My writing is my heart and soul. ♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Love this! So true you were always writing during school, sleep over, or just walking the town playing cars! Listening to your ideas and stories growing up until now take me away into your amazing world! I'm so happy and proud of where you are now!! Talking to you during our fire drill that day was the beat thing I've done and I wouldn't change it. You are so talented and I will own every book you ever write!

    ReplyDelete